Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 22 -- 15 May 2013, Part 3 -- Last Day in London, Victoria Station

Before heading back to my room and then out to dinner, I wanted to drop by Victoria Station where I would take the Gatwick Express train the next morning to Gatwick Airport.

Victoria Station is where my adventure began in London. It's where I got lost on arrival, and a kind station worker loaded me and my excessive luggage up onto his oversize golf-cart-type vehicle and drove me through hoards of travelers directly to the taxi stand. It's where I bought my first phone for use strictly in the U.K.; where I could buy a nice dinner, a snack, or delicious pain au chocolat; and where I mistakenly caught the overland train instead of the tube when I ventured out my second day in London. The place is huge and bustling and it's easy to get stampeded if you don't watch out. I wanted photos of it all so I could share just the tiniest bit with people who have never been or may never see the place.

 
The board showing all the departures and what platform they're on.

I was shocked to see that they had Burger King in the U.K.!

My platform for the following morning.
 


I'd been taking photos for a few minutes when I got some intense stares from security personnel. I guess they can't be too careful about anyone.


I caught this place at a fairly slow time because it was usually jam-packed. I was nearly run over more than once. By humans.
 
The next morning I would be heading out that way and not returning for some time. The thought made me too sad to dwell on, so I had to reflect on all the time I had been blessed to visit three countries, and all the amazing adventures I was privileged to experience. Truthfully, I can't wait to go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment