Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 4, Part 2 - Bath City Circus and the Royal Crescent

We drove up to Bath Circus, where three roads separately enter the circular road around the central park. Three separate, equally-size, crescent-shaped Georgian buildings surround the Circus. Each of the curved segments faces one of the three entrances, ensuring that whichever way a visitor enters, there is a classical façade straight ahead. (The last sentence taken from Wikipedia.) It was cloudy when we first arrived. I took a few photos, then we walked up to the Royal Crescent, at which time the sun finally came out. After finishing shooting photos on the Crescent, we walked back to the Circus, and the resulting photos were well worth the effort.

The Crescent is huge--it took me four separate photos to capture it all. The large lawn in the center is for the private use of residents only, the gate to it being locked. Seems that most places I went, there was some kind of scaffolding set up to mar the view. This first photo is no exception though I tried to hide it behind the lamppost.
 
The sun came out and HM instructed me to strike a classic pose. This is my version of that, only it looks like I'm perusing an invisible book.
 
I forgot to give her the same instruction, so to me she looks happy and contented, though strong and ready to take on whatever might come her way. Which I think describes her well.
 
The view from the Royal Crescent was stunning, especially bathed in the late afternoon light. I felt compelled to keep snapping away on my camera. Then I'd drop it down to my side and just take it all in. Snippets of Heaven. 
 
 
A bit of an artsy shot--the wrought iron fence surrounding the private lawn.
 
HM and I rolled with laughter at this view of what looked to us to be a butt and legs on the tree. If you don't see it, sorry. Free up your imagination and it'll appear.
 
One of the roads coming onto the Circus.
 
After the sun came out, when we arrived back at the Circus I couldn't believe how the trees glowed green, especially against that brilliant blue sky! These are art pieces unto themselves.
 
And a wrought iron fence cast cool shadows over the Circus's walkway.
 
Not only did the tree trunks have a green glow, too, but I didn't notice until after I had taken the photos all the spooky tree shadows on the Circus buildings.
 
Beautiful early evening landscape we viewed on our way back home. Gaze and enjoy.
 
A perfect cap over the motorway to end the day.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment