Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 3, Part 2 - Westminster Abbey, Outside Only

For those who didn't follow my trip on Facebook, by the time I got to Westminster Abbey it was 3:40 pm. The Abbey was open until 4:30 pm, but they stopped letting visitors in at 3:30. If I hadn't dawdled and taken a ton of photos on my way there from the London Eye, I would have made it. Oh, well, I reasoned. I would be in and out of London several times. I'd just catch it another time. Yeah, right. That's another story for later in the blog.

As I walked to the Abbey from the London Eye, the sun was out shining brightly on the gold of Big Ben just as a red double-decker bus drove by. I could not pass up this quintessential shot.
 
They still hold regular church services here. The tourist hours were posted nearby, stating that Monday through Saturday, visiting hours were until 4:30, but they stopped letting people in at 3:30, except on Wednesdays when visiting hours lasted much later. I filed this bit of info into brain recesses for later retrieval. As long as I was there that day, might as well make the most of it and take a few outside photos, right?

 
This is the main or north entrance, when they are actually allowing people to come in and tour.
 
The west entrance. In the second and third photos, you can see where Kate entered when she was married to William.
 
Quite the impressive sight, huh?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment